This November will see the return of the annual Eat Jersey Food Festival at the Atlantic Hotel, Jersey.
From 3-6 November, Mark Jordan, executive head chef at the Atlantic, will be joined by a starry line-up of renowned chefs from the Channel Islands and Britain for the festival which celebrates gourmet produce and fine-dining in Jersey.
During the four-day period, diners will be able to attend four fine-dining gastronomic events at the Atlantic hotel’s Michelin-starred Ocean Restaurant as well as a relaxed beach-side feast at sister restaurant Mark Jordan at the Beach.
On 3 and 4 November, Jordan and teams of visiting chefs will create five-course menus of locally inspired dishes, with paired wines from head sommelier Richard Burton. Ocean Restaurant will be extending the celebrations into the weekend this year with an exclusive pop up restaurant on Saturday, 5 November in partnership with Outlaw’s at The Capital. A collaborative menu featuring the finest seafood dishes will be available for both lunch and dinner service.
The line-up of celebrated guest chefs for the weekend’s events are:
• Tom Brown, Outlaw’s at The Capital (one Michelin star, three AA rosettes)
• Andrew Fairlie, Andrew Fairlie Restaurant at Gleneagles (two Michelin stars, four AA rosettes)
• Simon McKenzie, The Brasserie Restaurant at The Old Government House Hotel & Spa, Guernsey (two AA rosettes)
• Matthew Peryer, The Restaurant at Lewtrenchard Manor, Devon (three AA rosettes)
• Steve Smith, Bohemia at The Club Hotel & Spa, Jersey (one Michelin star, four AA rosettes)
• Robert Thompson, Thompson’s, Isle of Wight
• Nicolas Valmagna, Tassili at Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa (three AA rosettes)
In addition, Mark will be joined by Jarek Nowakowski, newly appointed Head Pastry Chef at The Atlantic Hotel.
Guests will also have the opportunity to visit and meet the producers of the ingredients they will be enjoying and to track the minimal food miles on the island from coast and countryside to plate with behind-the-scenes access to key suppliers.
The festival concludes with an exclusive “Lobster and Burger” dining event at Mark Jordan at the Beach on Sunday, 6 November. The bistro will showcase Mark Jordan’s signature Jersey beef burger and freshly caught lobster to guests in a relaxed and welcoming setting, led by Head Chef Tamas Varsanyi.
Tickets for Eat Jersey 2016 dining events will start from £40. For more information or to make a reservation, call +44 1534 744101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.