Hot dogs are reportedly now the fastest growing menu item in the UK1 and caterers can tap into Brits’ love for great American ‘dude food’ with AAK Foodservice’s smokin’ new launch.
Perfectly partnering the supplier’s comprehensive range of sizzling sauces, Uncle John’s Signature Hot Dogs are ideal for everything from fast food menus to gastro pub offerings.
The premium bockwurst sausages are made from the finest cuts of smoked pork and a tasty combination of herbs and spices, all traditionally smoked in an authentic Beechwood smoker.
To suit different foodservice operations, they come in a variety of lengths, from 14.5cm to a whopping 29cm, and four pack sizes, 10 x 50g, 7 x 72g, 7 x 90g and 9 x 140g.
Rachel Neale, foodservice marketing manager at AAK Foodservice, said hot dogs featured on 85% more menus than last year2 and caterers would be barking mad not to take a punt.
Hot dogs have nudged scampi and chips off the top 20 menu items3 and to help caterers tap into this, we’ve added Uncle John’s Signature Hot Dogs range to our portfolio,” she said.
“Ideal as a quick, tasty snack or as a main for those with sit-down areas, the beauty of these hot dogs is that caterers can easily add value to them, enabling them to charge more4.
“To coincide with the launch, we have come up with 10 top ways to tap into this ‘dude food’ while adding global flair using our Lion sauces.”
AAK’s top 10 hot dog ideas with Lion condiments:
1) The German – serve on a board in a white, bread roll with fried, soft onion, accompanied by potato wedges and a pot of Lion Tomato Ketchup
2) The Classic American – serve in a basket in a white, bread roll with Lion Tomato Ketchup and Mustard in a zigzag pattern, accompanied by curly fries and onion rings
3) The Brit – serve on a plate in a brioche with fried, black pudding and bacon bits, accompanied by beans, hash browns and Lion Brown sauce and Tomato Ketchup
4) The Italian – serve on a slate in a brioche with tomato and Lion Chilli sauce, melted mozzarella and pitted, halved green olives, accompanied by French fries and Italian salad leaves with Lion French Dressing
5) The Mexican – serve on a board in a white, bread roll with cheese, Lion Hot Salsa, Lion Sour Cream & Chives and jalapenos, accompanied by nacho crisps, corn on cob and a small pot of Lion Hot Salsa
6) The Chilean – serve on a plate in a white, bread roll with chilli con carne (made with mince beef, onions, kidney beans and Lion Very Hot Chilli sauce), cheese and jalapenos, accompanied by thick cut chips, onion rings and pot of Lion Garlic Mayo
7) The Portuguese – serve in a basket in a baguette with chicken pieces and Lion Piri Piri hot sauce, accompanied by spicy rice, corn on the cob and a pot of cooling mayo
8) The Oriental – serve on a board in a white, bread roll with stir fried vegetables and bean sprouts in a Lion Thai Sweet Chilli sauce, accompanied by spring rolls, prawn crackers and dips
9) The Cajun – serve in a baguette in a white, bread roll with roasted peppers, onions and Lion Cajun & Tomato sauce, accompanied by homemade chips and side salad, drizzled with Lion Garlic & Herb Dressing
10) The Big Texas BBQ – serve on a slate in a white, bread roll with smoky bacon strips, chicken strips and Lion American Smokey BBQ sauce, accompanied by chunky chips, coleslaw, corn on cob, beer battered onion rings and side salad, drizzled with Lion Ranch Dressing with pots of Lion BBQ Sauce and Ranch Dressin